If you see any pop up ads here please click on the Meet the GBBL Mods and send us an e-mail about it so we can get them removed.
Thursday, June 23, 2022
During a Texas Senate hearing Tuesday on the police response to the shooting, McCraw said that Mireles’ husband, Ruben Ruiz, had his gun taken away, was detained and escorted off the scene after he received a call from his wife.
“We got an officer, Officer Ruiz, whose wife had called him and said she (had) been shot and she’s dying,” McCraw said in video shared by PBS "News Hour." “What happened to him as he tried to move forward into the hallway, he was detained and they took his gun away from him and escorted him off the scene.”
Click the link to rest of the story: His gun was taken away
Sen. Dianne Feinstein has just introduced an amendment to the Senate GOP gun control bill that everybody is talking about.
Apparently not content with how outrageously tyrannical the bill already is, Feinstein has amended the bill to include an age ban.
That means that peaceable adults under 21 who can be drafted into war would no longer be able to purchase common rifles and magazines.
The Feinstein amendment now raises the question: will Democrats, or even some Republicans, introduce their own amendments?
This disgusting legislation already features gun confiscation, expanded background checks, and much, much more.
But this bill, which is expected to be brought to a vote THIS WEEK, could get a hell of a lot worse in a hurry.
Hell, if the Republicans are dumb and treasonous enough to allow for gun confiscation, why not just amend it to ban all semiautomatic rifles?
That level of cowardly pandering would surely meet the approval of their Democratic, anti-gun masters in the Senate.
Friend, we've got to keep hammering the Senate until this awful bill is DEAD AND BURIED.
That's why we're asking for your IMMEDIATE help in taking action before it's too late. This is so important.
If you haven't already, please:
Don't delay in stepping up. As we've said before, this bill already has the support of roughly 1/4th of all Senate Republicans.
And with Pelosi angling to force a vote in the House before this weekend, we could see a breathless expansion of gun control without your help.
So again, please take action and donate NOW. And be sure to read our included forward below.
Time is running out. Will you act?
Firearms Policy Coalition
---------- Forwarded Message ----------
From: Firearms Policy Coalition
When: Wednesday, June 22 at 9 AM
Subject: ALERT: 14 GOP Senators vote for gun bill
Last night, 14 Republican Senators, including Mitch McConnell, voted to advance the treasonous "Bipartisan Safer Communities Act."
That's the massive 80-page federal gun control bill the Senate literally just unveiled yesterday. The vote happened within hours of introduction.
(Don't forget, this is the bill that would result in gun confiscation, expanded background checks, and more.)
This means the number of GOP Senators supporting gun control has actually grown since last week.
So now we not only have major anti-gun legislation handcrafted by Republicans, but almost 1/4th of all GOP Senators support it.
And Nancy Pelosi just said the House expects to vote to pass this disgusting legislation before this weekend.
Friend, if this unconstitutional garbage reaches Biden's desk, it would be the first federal gun control legislation in 26 years to be signed into law.
And it's all thanks to the following Republicans:
- Sen. Roy Blunt (R-MO)
- Sen. Richard Burr (R-NC)
- Sen. Shelley Capito (R-WV)
- Sen. Bill Cassidy (R-LA)
- Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME)
- Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX)
- Sen. Joni Ernst (R-IA)
- Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC)
- Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY)
- Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-AK)
- Sen. Rob Portman (R-OH)
- Sen. Mitt. Romney (R-UT)
- Sen. Thom Tillis (R-NC)
- Sen. Todd Young (R-IN)
As promised last night, FPC now has a Take Action page set up for you to give these turncoat scumbags hell.
This legislation could very well make its way to Pres. Biden's desk for signing within the next 72 hours, Friend.
And if the President signs this bipartisan gun control collusion, it would result in:
- Gun confiscation
- Expanded background checks
- More prohibited people
- More people being forced to become FFLs just because they've sold a firearm
- And much more
This 80-page abomination represents the worst betrayal of gun owners in recent history, and it MUST be stopped!
We've already been hearing from gun grabbing groups that this is just the start of a nationwide assault on the Second Amendment.
The head of a major anti-gun group even bragged that this "minor" legislation could convince Republicans to sell off even more of your rights in the future.
These lowlifes want to take your guns, your magazines, and even your basic Second Amendment rights, Friend.
Firearms Policy Coalition
In case, you missed it, the Supreme Court of the United States held today that the Second and Fourteenth Amendments protect the right to carry firearms in public in the FPC-supported case, NYSRPA v. Bruen. The opinion, along with the two supporting briefs FPC filed last year, can be found at FPCLaw.org.
The 6-3 majority opinion, authored by Justice Clarence Thomas and joined by Justices Alito, Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, Barrett, and Chief Justice Roberts, was notable in a number of important ways:
- The Court expressly rejected the "two-step" approach often employed by lower courts since the McDonald v. Chicago decision in 2010, saying that the Constitution "demands a test rooted in the Second Amendment's text, as informed by history."
- The Court expressly held that "when the Second Amendment's plain text covers an individual's conduct, the Constitution presumptively protects that conduct."
- Quoting the McDonald plurality opinion, the Court held that: "The constitutional right to bear arms in public for self-defense is not a second-class right, subject to an entirely different body of rules than the other Bill of Rights guarantees."
- The Court said that: "We know of no other constitutional right that an individual may exercise only after demonstrating to government officers some special need. That is not how the First Amendment works when it comes to unpopular speech or the free exercise of religion. It is not how the Sixth Amendment works when it comes to a defendant's right to confront the witnesses against him. And it is not how the Second Amendment works when it comes to public carry for self-defense."
- Ultimately, the Court held that: "New York's proper-cause requirement violates the Fourteenth Amendment in that it prevents law-abiding citizens with ordinary self-defense needs from exercising their right to keep and bear arms."
"The Court's opinion in this FPC-supported case is a monumental step forward for natural rights and individual liberty. FPC Law will soon be filing many more important strategic lawsuits, adding to our dozens of active cases across the United States on key issues from restrictions on the right to carry in public to bans on self-manufacturing firearms and so-called 'assault weapons' and 'large-capacity' magazines. We know that authoritarian governments and officials will do everything they can to circumvent the Constitution and attack the human right to keep and bear arms, but we will punch back twice as hard. We are eager to fight forward for the People and continue our work to create a world of maximal human liberty," said FPC founder and President Brandon Combs.
"Bruen is a major win for the People and for the liberties our Constitution was designed to protect. Not only did the Court confirm that peaceable people have the right to armed defense outside the home, but it denounced the 'interest-balancing' test that lower courts have used to justify dozens of unconstitutional laws over the last decade. Today's decision will allow FPC Law to press our current cases and to challenge many laws that were upheld in prior cases, potentially allowing many of the freedoms lost to be restored in the years to come," said FPC Law's Director of Constitutional Studies Joseph Greenlee, whose work was cited favorably in the Court's opinion.
Important briefs filed in support of the petitioners include:
- Brief of the Firearms Policy Coalition and Professor Joyce Lee Malcolm
- Brief of Professors of Second Amendment Law, Weld County, Colorado, Weld County Sheriff Steve Reams, Independence Institute, and [FPC Action] Foundation
- Brief of California Gun Rights Foundation
- Brief of William English, Ph.D. and The Center For Human Liberty
- Brief of FPC American Victory Fund, et al.
- Brief of Madison Society Foundation, Inc.
The fight is just beginning though, Friend, tyrants are already spoiling for a fight. And there is much more work to do.
Your generous contribution will help fuel the next wave of pro-Second Amendment legal action and propel us to further victory!
Firearms Policy Coalition