Welcome! Posting a link back to the GBBL would be much appreciated.
If you see any pop up ads here please click on the Meet the GBBL Mods and send us an e-mail about it so we can get them removed.

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Update on GOF

If you haven't heard, longtime gunblog commenter Grumpy Old Fart suffered two devastating losses last year, losing his mother to cancer and all his worldly goods to a fire.
On December 1st, my mother's house burned to the ground, with all my worldly goods in it (I had been living there for the last several years taking care of her while she was fighting cancer). On December 8th, a week later almost to the minute, she passed away at the age of 82.
There is a PayPal donations page set up to help him.

Kevin has more news about Grumpy Old Fart over at The Smallest Minority.

I just traded emails with GOF.  He needs a computer: 
I have some contract work writing for a publishing company in the UK, but since my computer burned I'm having to start all that from scratch as well. More to the point, until I get another computer, I can't even make a start at redoing all the work I lost.
So... what do I need that you can provide? The only thing I can think of is funds toward another computer. That should probably go into PayPal, since the donation account is pretty much meant for bill money. 
If anyone out there has a spare box lying around, please consider donating it to a worthy cause.

GAF's Shipping Address is: 

1350 Rikisha Ln.
Beaumont, TX 77706

Thank you. 

No comments: