Welcome! Posting a link back to the GBBL would be much appreciated.
If you see any pop up ads here please click on the Meet the GBBL Mods and send us an e-mail about it so we can get them removed.

Friday, February 19, 2021

Blog clean up...

 Well, I went through the blog last night and did a bunch of clean up. Sadly, 83 more blogs have been removed for being over a year old. 

What really hurts is the number, while small, of female gun bloggers we lost.

If you know any female gun bloggers or sites, please let us know. It is important to get the word out that there ARE women who shoot. 

I would like to thank all of you bloggers out there who are continuing to put out content and staying viable in this world. 

We are coming up on 10 years as a blog. North started this blog back in 2011, more or less as a joke, because of what we were expecting from a second Obama term. North, Jay G, and Kevin were the original three that pushed it and got as many blogs as they did. I took it over in 2013 after the others had to leave for professional reasons (can't blog AND be a paid gun writer). Mark came on and has been a great help these last 8 years. 

But most of all, thank YOU for continuing to read our various scribbles. These next years are going to be interesting, and all we can do is to hunker down and be ready for whatever comes.

Stay safe, check six, and keep on keeping on!

20 comments:

B said...

Can you update my bloglink from Middleoftheright.blogspot.com to middlepoftheright.com? I ditched blogger a few weeks ago.....

Mark/GreyLocke said...

Done Sir. I even removed the extra "P" in your new URL. :)

Old NFO said...

Thanks for catching that Mark!

Tam said...

“ (can't blog AND be a paid gun writer)”

Farmer Frank, Mas Ayoob, Duane Thomas, and quite a few other people would be surprised to learn that.

drjim said...

Roger that, NFO!

threecollie said...

Awesome that this is continuing. Thanks

Chuck Pergiel said...

Kirsten Joy Weiss - Joy of Shooting - https://joyofshooting.org/

USCitizen said...

I didn't see Traction Control
https://tractioncontrol.well-regulatedmilitia.org/

Surely I'm blacklisted somewhere!

CapnBob said...

CapnBob & the Damsel still alive - just not posting much these days. I see the Wandering Minstrel has been removed as it should be. Thanks for updating this.

Angus McThag said...

I'm no longer "The View from Under The Desk."

I'm now "The Abode of McThag".

But I'm still here.

Mark/GreyLocke said...

You can always send me an update or a request. I finally have reliable internet access again so I can be more hands on.

If you know of any blog you think would be a good addition, please feel free to e-mail me the URL greylocke (AT) G M A I L (DOT) c o m

Angus, your blog has been added to the "A" section.

KR said...

Please add my blog: blog.krtraining.com (Notes from KR). I post content weekly, mainly focused on firearms training and the history of handgun training.

Mark/GreyLocke said...

KR I've added your blog, however your RSS feed apparently isn't functioning properly. As Blogger couldn't find any posts. So it won't show when you have updated your blog. Once you get that fixed, please let me know so I can update it here.

Old NFO said...

Tam, for your information, those folks CHOSE to distance themselves to make sure there was no conflict of interest. Yes, I know there are people that do both.

KR said...

http://blog.krtraining.com/feed should be the correct URL for my blog
the "/feed" part is apparently what blogger needs to see

Mark/GreyLocke said...

And your blog is now listed and your feed is showing up Sir.

Tam said...

OldNFO, for your information, I’m well aware of what happened and why.

Davidwhitewolf of RNS said...

Random Nuclear Strikes blog is back; same crew, same content, new URL. http://www.randomnuclearstrikes.com

Old NFO said...

David- Y'all have been added back on the sidebar!

Davidwhitewolf of RNS said...

Thank you kindly!