Welcome! Posting a link back to the GBBL would be much appreciated.
If you see any pop up ads here please click on the Meet the GBBL Mods and send us an e-mail about it so we can get them removed.

Friday, October 27, 2017

Folks needing help...

Two of our own in need, one from Hurricane Harvey, and one lady from a stroke that was mis-diagnosed...

Well I haven't had the chance to get any video that is interesting.  I've been spending most of my time laying on the air mattress because my neck and hip are screaming at me.  Thank our Creator for wireless keyboards, I can lay down and type his much better without twisting and contorting my body to do so.

I got the parts and pieces to fix the power pole/meter at the house ordered from Home Depot.  $232.08 and it's supposed to be ready for pickup tomorrow or Wednesday.  They are just waiting on the 200 Amp meter panel to come in.  When they line crews came through and removed my electric meter, they damaged my meter panel/box so it need to be replaced.  I called to complain but was told basically "Tough Ta Ta's"  so there went $55.00 for a new box.  At least they didn't damaged the 200 Amp main panel too badly although I did have to order some new connectors to replace the joins between the meter panel and the main panel.  They also cut the wire coming into the meter panel, meaning I'm out over $100.00 to replace the copper lines they cut.  They can run aluminum wire, but "I" have to run copper lines from their pole to my meter. And at $2.55 a foot for 45 feet of 2/0 thhn wire it runs about $114 plus tax.  At least I was able to get them to ship to store to save me the shipping costs.  I still have to run to Corpus almost 45 miles away to pick it up though.

Cell service is still spotty.  I was siting here and suddenly my phone popped up saying I had 3 voice mails.  I checked and they are from LAST week.  I didn't see nor hear of any missed calls and I didn't have any earlier today when I was trying to get in touch with my attorney.

I really don't like doing this, but I still need help financially.  So of you can spare some money it would be very much appreciated.

To send money through PayPal please use: paypal.me/greylocke

To donate through Go Fund Me, please use the page my daughter set up: Fundraiser for Mark Anderson by Mary Louise Anderson : Help for Anderson Family

It will be at least 3--4 weeks before I can move into the camping/rv trailer I got.  And many months before my house is livable again.

I am still trying to find a septic company to recertify my septic system, but until I get the electricity back on, no one will even come look at it.  Plus the least expensive septic company wants $250.00 just to come look at it   That's not including any repairs it might need.  nor pumping out the tanks.

So please if you can help, use the links above to donate.

I know this is a lousy time to ask for money, but one of our extended Blogarado family is in need. FarmFam’s daughter-in-law, Andi, 33 and the mother of two small boys, suffered a stroke in mid August. Unfortunately, it wasn’t diagnosed correctly for two weeks, delaying treatment.
She’s facing a year to 18 months of physical therapy to get back to full function. 
Therapy costs are running $200-500 per session, and she needs therapy once a week. Andi has not been able to afford health insurance, because she her husband own a small business that makes too much money for them to get assistance with health insurance, but not enough for them to be able to afford health insurance, and raising two boys.
Any help will be much appreciated, as Andi has begun physical therapy, and without health insurance she has to pay the full cost of every session.
In order to help her out, we are doing another gun raffle to try to help her with her therapy. One change from what we did for Tam is to run this through a Go Fund Me, https://www.gofundme.com/andrea-keenan-medical-fund, so that the money is immediately available to her for her therapy. One IRS change is that Go Fund Me $$ are now counted as income for the family, so we are shooting for a goal of $25,000 to offset the tax burden they will be hit with.
Here are the ‘rules’ $10 per chance, $50/6 chances, $100/12 chances, etc. Make your donation to the Go Fund Me above, and copy your donation receipt to 4anditherapy@gmail.com. This will count as your entry into the raffle. If you have already donated, we will accept prior donations to the Go Fund Me.
The raffle will run from now through the end of November, with the drawing to be held 1 December via a random drawing program. First number gets their choice, second gets their choice, etc.
The raffle packages are-
Note: All guns are used, not new.
  1. Taurus .44 Magnum pistol
  2. Ruger MK-II bull barrel .22
  3. Custom sub-MOA AR-15
  4. Remington 870 pump in 20ga
  5. Chinese copy of a 12ga coach gun
  6. Springfield Range Officer .45 with 7 magazines and custom holster
  7. Springfield Range Officer 9mm with 7 magazines and custom holster
  8. Lawdog’s personal Rock Island 1911 9mm, reworked by Joe Speer with 6 magazines
  9. A ladies package consisting of a ring (late-Victorian-style design with either high-quality glass or mid-grade garnet stones. The mount is jeweler’s metal, size 6 3/4 or 7).  A unicorn necklace, late 1980s-early 1990s James Avery sterling silver charm on a silver chain. A coin necklace, an 1904 Indian Head penny, silver dipped in a gold-plated mount with a gold-plated silver chain. And a handmade necklace and earrings from Phlegmmy.
  10. Signed copies of Lawdog’s, Peter Grant’s, Dorothy Grant’s, JL Curtis’, and Tom Rogneby’s books
  11. TBD (other possible packages are being discussed)
All guns will be shipped FFL to FFL for winners. Pictures of the various packages will follow in the next couple of days.
Thank you in advance, I know she will appreciate the help, and this will take a little pressure off the family!

1 comment:

Mark/GreyLocke said...

Boss, Thank you. I didn't want to post about my situation on the GBBL as I felt as one of the staff it would be taking advantage of my position.

Mark